After gaining enough audience feedback, I am now going to analysis my feedback. From this questionnaire I am interested to see what different peoples opinions are and how they differ. I am also interested to see if there was some results which do match the questions asked. By this it will allow for me to see where I went wrong which will enable me to improve for the future.
In the questionnaire, I asked eight questions about which type of confectionery my target audience would be most luckily to buy.
These are the eight questions:
What is your age?
What is your gender?
Have you seen many confectionery adverts on TV recently?
If you have seen any confectionery adverts recently which one is your favourite and why?
If a product had a catchy slogan would it influence you further into buying the product?
What type of product would you most likely be inclined to buy?
Please watch these adverts and select your favourite one
What was it about the advert you picked that catched your attention?
Question 1: What is your age?
When creating my questionnaire, I thought carefully about my first question. I decided that this would start it off well as I needed to know the age ranges to the people who have answered my survey. By seeing which age group answered my product would enable me to take this into consideration when planning for my product.
From looking at my results, they are leaning towards one age category. The age category which seems to have responded the most is the category of 11 - 20. To start of with, this would have been down to where I advertised and published my survey. I used the sites of Facebook, Twitter and also my blog. I also sent an email out to a selective amount of people such as family members and friends who are not on these social networking sites. This reflects upon the people who filled it in. The majority of people who would have filled this in would have come from the social networking sites. Other people which would have also filled it in are family members, friends and the pupils at the school who do media studies. This was due to where I decided to advertise this survey though. I can also see that people in the age category of 21 - 30 and 31 - 40 answered it as well. Again, I believe this is due to the places in which it was advertised. These age categories would have mainly come from the social networking site of Twitter due to this being able to be seen by many people and also through the email in which I sent our to family members and friends. From looking at my user feedback, I am now aware that I should have broaden my promotion and advertising of the survey to get a much better variety of results. Another reason why I believe I didn't get as many responses as estimated was due to the content in which I included in this survey. I included three video clips of adverts which I asked the audience to watch and then explain which one was their favourtie and why. By doing this it impacted on the amount of people who answered my survey. As you can see from the screen shot above only two people answered in the category of 41 - 50 and then none in the 50+ category. Again, this is due to the content I added as some of the members of my tartget audience would not have wanted to watch these videos clips. A way in which I could have got more feedback would have been to hand these surveys out by hand and take out the section about watching some video clips. However with the feedback I did get I can say that the majority of the audience was aged 11 - 20 years and this was due to the way I advertised my survey.
Question 2: What is your gender?
After deciding that it was important to know the age categories within my target audience, I thought that I should find out the gender of the people who are answering my survey. By finding out the gender, I can then see the ratio of males to females who have answered. From looking at the screen shot above it shows that more females than males answered my survey. This was probably again due to where it was advertised/promoted.
Question 3: Have you seen many confectionery adverts on TV recently?
I asked this question, due to wanting to know whether or not there was already a broad market out there for these type of adverts. From the adverts which I had seen on TV myself, I hadn't actually seen one based on confectionery in quite a while. This is another reason why I asked this question as I wanted to see if any other people had or hadn't seen any. The result above shows that 78% of people answered 'no' and only 25% answered 'yes'. This connotes to me that the majority of people have not seen any confectionery adverts recently therefore implying to me that there isn't a big market for advertising these types of products at the moment. From the ones who answered 'yes' shows that there is a small market but it might not be that big. One reason why I believe I have got this result is because I specifically stated if they had watched confectionery adverts on TV. This is the most common place in which people would have watched the adverts although they might have been watching them on another type of device such as an iPod or mobile phone. This has demonstrated to me that I was quite specific with the question and if I want range of feedback I need to give more of a wider topic to base it around.
Question 4: If you have seen any confectionery adverts recently which one is your favourite and why?
This question refers back to the last one, as I have asked them to state which TV adverts they have seen recently and why they were their favourite. I can tell that most people have either seen the Haribo advert with the girl and her father, the skittles advert or the rowntrees fruit pastilles advert. From this being the most common feedback shows that the market for these types of adverts are not very broad. Therefore this allows for me to create an advert as there seems to be a gap in the market. As well as asking them which adverts they have seen, i also asked if they have seen more than one which was their favourite and why. By asking this it allows for me to see how that advert has been successful in catching the audiences attention which should then enable me to see how I could catch my target audience's attention. Most of the responses I got were all about either the narrative or the sound/music used. I now am aware that this is vitally important when creating an advert as I have seen from my own survey what the audience look for when selecting their favourite advert.
Question 5: If a product had a catchy slogan, would it influence you further into buying the product?
Personally, if a product had a catchy slogan, it would certainly help me to remember the brand of the product and also the product itself which would influence me into buying the product.
From looking at my results 75% of the people agreed that it would influence them and only 25% disagreed. To a certain extent I believe it matters and depends on the product that is being advertised. In this case, if I was to create a catchy slogan for my product, which was easy to remember, I would hope that people would remember it and the next time they go shopping they would buy this product.
Question 6: What type of product would you most likely be inclined to buy?
Due to confectionery being divide into sweets and chocolate, I felt that it was important to ask people which product they were most likely to purchase. I knew that this would be done to personal preference, however I thought it was important due me deciding on the actual overall product whether it be chocolate or sweets. As expected, the results were near enough 50-50. There were 53% of people who said chocolate and 56% of people who said sweets. This demonstrates that the market for both of these types of confectionery are near about the same with hardly any difference between them. I am now going to have to think carefully about advertising either sweets or chocolate now due to the margin being so tight between the two. However, I do at the moment think that I will advertising a new brand of sweets.
Question 7: Please watch these confectionery adverts and choose which on you prefer
From looking at these results they show that most people preferred the third advert compared to the first or the second one. This advert was the Chewits advert which used to be on TV a few years ago. I believe this was the most common due to it being unusual and different to many other adverts. When planning my advert I will keep on referring back to this feedback to remind me on what the target audience want to see.
Question 8: What was it about the advert you picked that catched your attention?
I decided to ask this question as I thought it was important for them to explain why they preferred one of he adverts to the others. By asking them to explain their opinions it means and will enable me to see what made one specific advert better and also more effective than all of the rest. From looking at the results, most people said it was the music and sounds used which either made then like or dislike the advert. Other people commented saying they enjoyed watching the animation, liked the theme of the advert and didn't like the sounds used. This portrays to me that I need to look closely the sound and also type of advert I create.
Overall I do believe my questionnaire was effective in helping me get some good feedback. I also believe it has helped me to see errors which could have affected my results. I am now going to be able to refer back to these results throughout the process to help me with planning my product.







No comments:
Post a Comment