Thursday, 28 June 2012

What is Advertising?

To start of my research I decided to look into ' what is advertising'. By using this as my starting point it gives me a broad starting point which I can then continue to expand my research further.

Advertising is:
  • A way of promoting products, services or information
  • A form of communication ( between the manufacturer and consumer)
  • An important economic force
  • A part of our urban landscape
  • A physical commodity

 Quotes:
"Many a small thing has been made large by the right kind of advertising."- Mark Twain

"Advertising says to people, 'Here's what we've got. Here's what it will do for you. Here's how to get it'."- Leo Burnett

These two quote above sum up advertising. From these two quotes, I realise that an advertisement informs their target audience of their latest product or service and it is then up to the audience to go out and buy that product.

Audience Research:

Before agencies can target a specific audience they need to find out who their audience is and what their likes and dislikes are.

In order for me to be able to decide on what sort of TV Advert I would like to make, I will need to take out some audience research which will enable me to become more aware of what my target audience will want and also what sort things they look for within adverts.

To contine with my research, I am going to continue looking at previous adverts. By continuing to look at these adverts it will allow for me to broaden my knowledge and understand what is already out there. It will also enable me to see what makes an advert so successful. This should help me to advance on with my research and get to understand more about adverts.

References:
  1. http://learning.chalfonts.bucks.sch.uk/mod/resource/view.php?id=11273

No comments:

Post a Comment