Tuesday, 28 August 2012

Conventions of Sponsorship Sequences

From looking at some TV Sponsorship sequences I have noticed a few conventions which I think are important and are things that if I decided to make a TV Sponsorship sequence it would have to take into consideration:

  • The sequences tend to be 10-20 seconds long.
  • Most feature an opening bumper, break bumper and also closing bumper. These bumpers are even shorter than the original sequence at around roughly 5-10 seconds long.
  • Most successful sequences tend to link in with he TV programme being sponsored.
  • No narrative is really followed.
  • Due to the short length of the sponsorship they use colours to help symbolise certain aspects.
  • They companies logo is usually enlarged making it much easier to spot which company it is as well as their slogan. 
  • The bumpers are all linked to the original sequence so that there is some sort of connection which makes it easier for the target audience to remember.
  • The use of colour usually symbioses the sponsorship company and the visuals are usually for what is being sponsored.
These are the codes and conventions in which I have picked up so far from watching these sequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment