In Tuesdays lesson, I showed my teacher some of the images I took over the half term. When looking at these images there was a huge difference from how they looked on the camera to when I imported them onto the mac.
When looking at these photos, they seemed to be extremely dull. As my advert is going to be based on stop motion, I need to make sure that everything can be easily seen during each image. From looking back at these images they were to dull. As I took these images at home, I didn't have the right lighting source to use. I used the main light within the room and also one a lamp. However this still was not bright even for the the images to be of a high enough quality.
When showing these images to my teacher, we both agreed that the images were far to dull to use for my adverts and sponsorship sequences.
Another point which was mentioned during the feedback was that some of the shots were not straight. This was due to the surface I was using. When taking these images, it was hard to tell if the images looked straight on the camera screen. When re-shooting these images, I need to make sure that surface I am using is straight to allow for me get some accurate images.
As this is a stop motion sequence which I am creating, I need to make sure that when I take some images and then come back and take some more that everything is still in the same place. When looking back over the images I took, the distance changed quite a lot. This is something which I again didn't recognise until I imported these images onto the mac. To overcome this, I am going to take all of my images within one shooting session to allow for accuracy. Additionally when taking the images, I need to make sure that the tripod doesn't move so that each shot is from the some distance and also the same angle.
When taking these images for the first time, I used quite a large surface. This meant that I was restricted the amount I could zoom in on the camera. As the surface was quite big it meant that when zooming in with the camera, there was only so far that it could go. This made it difficult as I had to experiment with lots of different shots. When retaking these images, I am going to be using a much smaller surface which will allow for me to place the tripod further away and zoom in just a little.
Overall, after looking through the images which I took and receiving this feedback from my teacher it has highlighted to me and also made me realise how difficult creating a stop motion sequence can be. However now that I have taken these images and received feedback, it has become clearer to me on where I need to improve to be able to create images of a high quality.
One of the main issues throughout these images was the lighting. As I was limited to the lighting which I had within the location I took these images, it meant that the images came out too dull. To solve this issue when re taking these images, I am going to be using a lighting rig. When using a lighting rig it will firstly supply me with more light but secondly, I am able to adjust the amount of light which I want to use within the shots. This will allow for me to experiment with the lighting to see what looks best and also what doesn't look as effective.
No comments:
Post a Comment