In today's double lesson, I shoot the rest of the images. These images were of the fruit. First of all, to keep continuity, I had to make sure that the lighting was exactly the same. To do this, I used the lighting rig again. This allowed for me to get the same lighting as before making sure that all of the images are consistent.
To start off with, I took some close up shots of the fruit. After taking these, I thought back to my previous footage and remembered that I needed to have a more varied amount of shots. This is when I decided to take some shots from a side angle allowing for the focus to be on one piece of fruit and the rest being in the background. Additionally, as well as this, I also tried taking some images from a high angle shot. By taking a variety of images, it will now allow for me to look back on these and see which shots will be best for me to use within my adverts.
After taking these images, I then needed to take some more images of the fruit. However this time, I needed to create the impression of the fruit falling. When thinking about this, I tried a few ways of trying to do this. First of all we put the camera onto a continuous shot and dropped the fruit. Although this didn't work as the shutter speed was to quick and therefore the images were either blurry or the fruit wasn't captured in the image.
As this didn't work, I then tried taking some high angle shots again, but this time with the fruit moving. Again here, this wasn't such a success as it was hard to get the fruit moving in exactly the same position.
The last option which I had was to use a piece of equipment called a 'Raiser'. This allows for the camera to be attached onto it from a high angle looking down onto the surface so that the pictures are taken upside down. Attached to this are four lights. This piece of equipment allowed for me to take the images of the fruit as if they were falling. As I was working backwards, I had to start off with the fruit at the end of the surface and then gradually move it to the top of the surface. When looking back on these images, it clearly shows the fruit falling. I am happy with progress in which I have made today. Now that these photos have been taken, I can now continue to edit my first advert and also both of my sponsorship sequences together.
One problem which I am going to have to solve later in the process when editing this footage together is the lighting. When taking the initial images of the fruit juice and then the first set of the images of the fruit today this lighting is exactly the same due to using the same equipment of a lighting rig. However to give the impression of the fruit falling, I had to use another piece of equipment. This piece of equipment had lights, but they didn't give the same effect as what the lighting rig did and therefore I think these images are going to be slightly darker. When editing my footage together, I am going to see if I am able to edit these so that I can keep the consistency of the footage.
No comments:
Post a Comment