Friday, 7 September 2012

Fanta Advert

Continuing on with looking into the idea of fizzy drinks, here is Fantas advert for their drink. Within this advert they have taken a different approach and have used animation and characters to help promote their soft drink.



The opening shot shows a girl sitting on her bed reading a magazine. From the facial expressions the audience can tell that she is bored and fed up. However a mid shot is then shown of a boy bursting into her room jumping up and down. This reinforces the feel good factor. This effect continues all throughout the advert. The audience see the Fanta bottle being transported all around the town showing that this drink is for sharing.

Opening Shot
 Within this opening shot, the colours of orange have been used for the bedroom walls, bed and also the door. By this colour being used constantly throughout the advert it reinforces the product as this is the colour of their logo. When thinking about my advert, I will have to make sure that I kept the colours that I use consistent throughout the whole of the advert. I will also make sure that the colours are based on the logo so hat it promotes the brand even better.

Within this shot above, the audience see a mid shot of the animated characters tipping their bottles upside down to enphasise that they haven't got any of the drink left. This connotes to the audience that they now have a empty feeling without Fanta.

This shot is then the last part of the sequence where the original animated boy the audience saw at the beginning reappears with some Fanta which brings everyone's spirits up. This adds to the feel good factor that the music is trying to create throughout the advert.

Again as with every other advert, the company always display the product at the end and their slogan. By doing this it shows the audience the logo so that they can recognise it easily and also so that they can remember it the advert and what was being advertised. Additionally the same colours have been used again to keep in with the colour scheme. Throughout the whole of this advert no character spoke which was effective as the company where able to get their message across to the audience through movements and music.

Even though this advert was completely different to all of the other adverts I have looked at, it was still effective as it used a different approach to it which really worked. What I can take from looking at this advert is that no matter whether I used animated or camera/ film work, I can still produce an effective advert through the use of colour, diegetic/ non diegetic sound and music.

No comments:

Post a Comment